- It can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- It forces you to become a bit of a chef, which is fun!
- You'll be eating way less processed foods, you can't just grab any junkfood to snack on which your body will thank you for!
- Stealing the breastmilk that's meant to feed a baby animal is just a bit weird!
- You don't need meat or milk, eggs to live. The act of eating meat is purely for one's own pleasure, an animals entire life - just for 5 seconds in your mouth.
- You'll end up opening up yourself to foods you've never tried before!
- You feel lighter!
- It's easier and faster to type than "vegetarian"
- Vegans on average live 6 years longer than non-vegans.
For Your health!
- We are not injesting a slew of antibiotics with every bite, since more than 90 percent of all antibiotics produced are slated for animal admistration. (The Pleasure Trap, by Dr. Lisle, page 128)
- the hormones in dairy has been a well documented link to acne. my face can attest to that.
- Charred meats contain carcinogens that can cause cancers
- Meat-eating women are 3.8 times more likely to contract breast cancer than vegans or vegetarians.
- You don't get sick all that often. I used to get colds, sniffles, sore throats all the time, I Haven't had any of that since i went vegan!
- Meat-eating women are 3 times more likely to die from ovarian cancer than vegans or vegetarians.
- Men who eat meat are 3.6 times more likely to contract fatal prostate cancer.
- Heart attacks are the #1 killer in the U.S., taking one person every 45 seconds. Men who eat meat are at 50% risk of death by heart attack.
- To control staph infections and other diseases, livestock consume 55% of all antibiotics used in the U.S. As do humans, livestock build up immunities to these antibiotics, and the meat goes to market infected, presenting a health hazard to the public.
- Less than one out of every 250,000 slaughtered animals is tested for toxic chemical residues.
- 99% of U.S. mother's milk contains significant levels of DDT. In stark contrast, only 8% of U.S. vegetarian mother's milk containing significant levels of DDT. This shows that the primary source of DDT is the meat ingested by the mothers.
- Contamination of breast milk due to chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides in animal products found in meat-eating mothers versus vegetarian mothers is 35 times higher.
- The amount of the pesticide Dieldrin ingested by the average breast-fed American infant is 9 times the permissible level.
- Your body processed plant matter much more efficiently than meat.
- Cows milk contains hormones meant to help calves grow at a much faster rate than humans, These hormones have often been linked to acne, my acne certainly has improved since becoming vegan
For the Animals!
- You will not have to face the dilemma of loving the animals and eating them at the same time!
- You don't have to feel like a hypocrit when you say you love animals. love doesn't kill
- Animals feel pain, show emotion, they don't want to die. They Suffer.
- Pigs are more intelligent than dogs, and have the intelligence of a 3-year old.
- Dairy cows on average live for 5-7 years, where as they are able to live to 20 years or more!
- They are beautiful.
- The processes that food animals endure is an abuse of humanity - you wouldn't do these things to an animal yourself...so why pay someone else to do it?
- Pigs are more intelligent than any dog, the extent of their intelligence is still unmeasured, but we know they can handle video games.
For the Environment!
- Producing a meat-centered diet requires burning 3 times more fossil fuels than for a meat-free diet. The burning of fossil fuels results in the greenhouse effects, which produced global warming.
- Producing the meat-centered diet resulted in clearing 260,000,000 acres of U.S. forestland, extinguishing over 1,000 species of flora and fauna each year.
- To meet the high demand of American consumption, Central and South America export 300,000,000 pounds of meat each year. These regions’ forests are cut down to make pasture land, draining resources while 75% of Central and Southern American children under the age of 5 starve.
For the world hunger!
- it only takes 1,150 litres of water to feed a Vegan, compared with 15,000 litres to feed a Meat-eater.
- Livestock pasture cuts drastically into croplands.
- Meat-producing livestock consume vast quantities of crops that could be put onto the market reducing food prices and making it more accessible to low income families etc
- 100,000,000 people could grow enough to eat on the land spared if Americans reduced their meat consumption by 10%.
- People eat 20% of U.S.-grown corn, while animals consume the remaining 80% and 95% U.S.-grown oats.
- 1 acre of land can produce 40,000 pounds of potatoes, or 250 pounds of beef. 56% of U.S. farmland is devoted to beef production.
- Many people claim that the extra grain grown due to a reduction in livestock would not financially be feasible to ship to third world countries due to the shipping costs, yet cows are are shipped across seas to the opposite ends of the world.
- Don't have to worry about cross-contamination when preparing food
- Cleaning up the dishes is a snap if you follow a low-fat vegetable based vegan diet. You don't even need to scrub, just a quick rinse usually does the trick.